New Question: MariaDB sorting issue

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "MariaDB FAQ" by sagarlotiya. Please answer
it at http://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-sorting-issue/ as the person asking the
question may not be subscribed to the mailing list.

Hi,

I have one table with 4 million rows and other table with 1 million rows. When I perform join on both the table and perform the sort on the column which is not main table it is behaving really slow.

I have tested with 8 GB RAM. Whole database fits in memory.

I have also checked with EXPLAIN it is not creating temporary table on disk. How can I get best performance?

e.g query.

SELECT DISTINCT u0_.id AS id_0,  a1_.created_at AS created_at_1 FROM  user u0_  LEFT JOIN advertise a1_ ON (a1_.user_id = u0_.id)  ORDER BY a1_.created_at DESC  LIMIT  10;

Also note that all the indexes are properly created so that is not he issue here.

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-sorting-issue/