Oracle sets 'tone' and standard/level of discussion

http://mysqlrelease.com/2014/12/official-mysql-repos-for-suse-linux/

"Regarding SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, SUSE unfortunately chose to not
provide users with a mature and robust version of MySQL as part of the
distro,"

https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/12/#fate-316482

"The MariaDB open source database replaces the MySQL database system."

I also posted this comment (don't know it it will be approved)

*“Regarding SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, SUSE unfortunately chose to not
provide users with a mature and robust version of MySQL as part of the
distro .. ”*

*https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/12/#fate-316482
<https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/12/#fate-316482>“The
MariaDB open source database replaces the MySQL database system.”*

*Maybe rather Oracle should try to understand *WHY” almost all recent Linux
distros (as well as most major web2 companies) have switched to MariaDB.*

*One important reason is that the public bug-tracker for Oracle/MySQL is
incomplete. This was the most stupid thing Oracle ever did to MySQL and it
is completely unacceptable in the open-source world. Another reason is that
patches that are released as strictly GPL cannot be included in
Oracle/MySQL. MariaDB can freely use such patches – primarily from major
web2 companies (Google,Facebook etc.) – and they are doing and we have only
seen the beginning.*

*@guys .. soon time to find another employer!*

-- Peter
-- Webyog