 Oggetto: [Maria-discuss] Oracle sets 'tone' and standard/level of discussion
 A: "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Giovedì 4 dicembre 2014, 20:46

 http://mysqlrelease.com/2014/12/official-mysql-repos-for-suse-linux/
 "Regarding SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, SUSE
 unfortunately chose to not provide users with a mature and
 robust version of MySQL as part of the
 distro,"

 https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/12/#fate-316482
 "The MariaDB open source database replaces
 the MySQL database system."

 I also posted this comment (don't know it it
 will be approved)

 “Regarding
 SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, SUSE unfortunately chose to not
 provide users with a mature and robust version of MySQL as
 part of the distro .. ”https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/12/#fate-316482
 “The MariaDB open source database replaces the MySQL
 database system.”Maybe rather
 Oracle should try to understand *WHY” almost all recent
 Linux distros (as well as most major web2 companies) have
 switched to MariaDB.One important
 reason is that the public bug-tracker for Oracle/MySQL is
 incomplete. This was the most stupid thing Oracle ever did
 to MySQL and it is completely unacceptable in the
 open-source world. Another reason is that patches that are
 released as strictly GPL cannot be included in Oracle/MySQL.
 MariaDB can freely use such patches – primarily from major
 web2 companies (Google,Facebook etc.) – and they are doing
 and we have only seen the beginning.@guys .. soon
 time to find another employer!

 -- Peter-- Webyog