Re: R: 5.5.x vs 10.x

Am 28.12.2014 um 19:39 schrieb Federico Razzoli:
Yeah, well, I don't think that anyone in this world doesn't know/agree :)

That said, I recommend 10.0 because my 10.0 production servers didn't hit any bug (as far as I know), and optimize some queries better. Is your experience different from mine?

i am currently on 5.5 and 10.x is planned next year

but i have seen a major regression while switch from MySQl 5.5 to MariaDB 5.5 which had the power to damage emails received from dbmail servers with POP3 (IMAP as well, but a POP3 client don#t try to download a message again even if you fix the bug in the meantime) by wrong ordering of message parts

well, that makes me careful because 5.5. was a proposed drop-in-replacement

Dom 28/12/14, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

  Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] R:  5.5.x vs 10.x
  A: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Data: Domenica 28 dicembre 2014, 19:00

  Am
  28.12.2014 um 18:17 schrieb Federico Razzoli:
  > 10.0 is the newest stable release. So you
  should use it, unless you have a specific reason to prefer
  an older version.

  in
  context of whatever software *that* is not a valid reason

  if you manage 10, 20, 30 or
  more production servers and things are going
  down because unexpected regressions nobody will
  accept "but it is newest
  release"
  as excuse and expierience over many years shows repeatly
  that
  in doubt you can test over weeks and
  as soon you go in production and
  have real
  workload troubles never imagined may *or* may not start to
  happen

  that said froma guy
  which is normally on-top if it comes to recent
  software versions, hence the expierience and
  thanks god most problems
  don't damage
  data irreversible