Best way to find out what function(s) generate the value of the VIRTUAL/PERSISTENT column.

Hi,

I need to find out the function(s) which generate the value
of VIRTUAL/PERSISTENT column.
According to documentation here-
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/documentation/sql-commands/data-definition/create/virtual-columns/
I have to use *SHOW CREATE TABLE.. *to get the definition. It is doable of
course but It involves painful parsing of returned create table statement
to get the required function(s)( As I want to display them in GUI client.)

This function(s) is not returned in *show full fields from... *and I can't
find any relevant information in INFORMATION_SCHEMA also.

So my question is- Is there any better way of getting this information
other than using SHOW CREATE TABLE.. and do parsing? or is it the only way
of accomplishing it?

Regards,
Abhishek.