maria-discuss team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Bls: Serious problem with latest (10.0.16) Windows installer - destroys services.
On 01.02.2015 19:27, Peter Laursen wrote:
I have already re-created the removed/destroyed MariaDB 5.5 and 10.0
services (one by re-installing and one by (re-)creating the servcie from
commandline ("mysqld --install .."). I think I am quite an experienced
(Windows) user and can handle it. As I wrote: it is not a big problem (add:
if you understand what happened). It just took a little time to figure out
that MariaDB 10.0.16 Windows installer was the culprit.
Of course, I didn't mean you, I was replying to email from 'Irwanto'. It
came to my box with a bit weird subject format, so I didn't realize it
was a reply to yours, and thought it was a new independent report of the
same problem until I already sent my answer.
Anyway, my personal apologies to everyone affected by the issue. I will
try to add MSI upgrade tests in buildbot, we don't have them now.
But it could be a 'showstopper' for novice users, that upgrading MariaDB
removes the existing service(s). Anyway. I think you replaced the
installers in a timely manner, and few people will be affected, probably.
We will help those affected, if any.
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Elena Stepanova <elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Destroying services is a problem of 10.0.16 MSI packages released earlier,
see https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7531 for more details.
The packages have now been fixed and re-uploaded; unfortunately they won't
help you if you have already gotten your services removed. I couldn't quite
understand from your text whether you have re-created the services already;
if not, please see the last comment to the JIRA issue above about how it
can be done. If you have 5 server instances on one machine, you might have
to re-create all 5 services. If you experience a problem while re-creating
services or know a better way to do it than described in the comment,
please let us know.
I apologize for the inconvenience that this bug caused.
On 01.02.2015 4:00, Irwanto wrote:
I think because the .msi installer use one name in windows add/remove
I use 5 instance service in one computer with different port and i use
.msi but with manual extractor using universal extractor and run my manual
script to create first data dir and install service
Dikirim dari Yahoo Mail pada Android
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~maria-discuss
Post to : maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~maria-discuss
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp