Re: Bls: Serious problem with latest (10.0.16) Windows installer - destroys services.

Hi Peter,

On 01.02.2015 19:27, Peter Laursen wrote:
I have already re-created the removed/destroyed MariaDB 5.5 and 10.0
services (one by re-installing and one by (re-)creating the servcie from
commandline ("mysqld --install .."). I think I am quite an experienced
(Windows) user and can handle it. As I wrote: it is not a big problem (add:
if you understand what happened). It just took a little time to figure out
that MariaDB 10.0.16 Windows installer was the culprit.

Of course, I didn't mean you, I was replying to email from 'Irwanto'. It came to my box with a bit weird subject format, so I didn't realize it was a reply to yours, and thought it was a new independent report of the same problem until I already sent my answer.

Anyway, my personal apologies to everyone affected by the issue. I will try to add MSI upgrade tests in buildbot, we don't have them now.

Regards,
Elena

But it could be a 'showstopper' for novice users, that upgrading MariaDB
removes the existing service(s).   Anyway. I think you replaced the
installers in a timely manner, and few people will be affected, probably.
We will help those affected, if any.

-- Peter

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Elena Stepanova <elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>