 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] Restated: JSON cannot represent binary data
 A: "Justin Swanhart" <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "maria-discuss email list" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Martedì 3 febbraio 2015, 17:29

 On 2/3/15, 10:24 AM,
 "Justin Swanhart" <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 >NULL and missing
 are two different concepts.  Null means unknown, not
 >missing.  The data structure should have
 an ability to store NULL to be
 >compatible with RDBMS semantics.  While a
 dynamic column is similar to a
 >NoSQL
 document store it is not one, and should support SQL
 semantics.

 >IMHO
 >
 >--Justin

 Hi Justin,

 My understanding has always
 been basically what Wikipedia says:

 >> Null is a special marker used in
 Structured Query Language (SQL) to
 >>indicate that a data value does not
 exist in the database. Introduced by
 >>the creator of the relational database
 model, E. F. Codd, SQL Null
 >>serves
 to fulfill the requirement that all true relational
 database
 >>management systems (RDBMS)
 support a representation of "missing
 >>information and inapplicable