Re: doubt... show table status

Well it could return the table name but shouldn't block, for example
If table lenght takes morr than 1 hour, ignore table lenght and show the
table name only
something like a timeout should be nice, since we don't know why a engine
should or should not wait a lot of time to return table status, with a slow
server 1 second is "fast", and with a fast server 1 second is slow, i don't
know what timeout should we consider, maybe a server/session variable could
help with these limits, for today machines 1 second of timeout is ok (i
think) if set to 0 ignore timeout, maybe a warning for each table timeout
is nice
If we dont want a new server variable, i consider removing table not
created anyone with show table status coul execute show procceslist and
check table being created, at least for tables not being used as
"temporary" tables

--
Roberto Spadim
SPAEmpresarial - Software ERP