Re: MariaDB 10: how to convert Aria table to InnoDB?

But InnoDB doesn't support DELAY_KEY_WRITE or ROW_FORMAT=PAGE. In other words, TRANSACTIONAL is the only option that causes this problem? This doesn't seem too consistent to me...

Federico

 Data: Lunedì 2 marzo 2015, 17:01

 Actually I
 think the behavior of MariaDB here is somewhat consistent
 with how MySQL always did - see
 CREATE TABLE blah (id INT)
 ENGINE = MYISAM MAX_ROWS = 500;ALTER TABLE blah
 ENGINE = INNODB;SHOW CREATE TABLE
 blah;/*CREATE TABLE `blah`
 (  `id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL)
 ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
 MAX_ROWS=500*/
 In my understanding MAX_ROWS (and
 more create options back from MySQL 2 and 3) has no effect
 whatsoever with InnoDB (correct me if am wrong). But they
 are still listed and not removed by ALTER TABLE. Actually I
 am not even sure it has any effect with MyISAM of recent
 versions. However the above works as shown in *ALL*
 sql_modes (even 'strict_all tables'). So there is
 only a *somewhat* consistency. The behavior shown was like
 that even before sql_modes in MySQL came into
 existence.

 Just an example that MySQL (and
 MariaDB) is ridden with lots of old stuff causing
 inconsistencies that could need a cleanup.  But it is
 difficult to do without breaking compability (with Oracle,
 with old applications).

 -- Peter
 On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:57
 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 Hi,
 Reindl!

 On Mar 02, Reindl Harald wrote:

 > how do someone convert a Aria table to another
 engine?

 > MyISAM and InnoDB results in the same error

 > MariaDB [dbmail]> ALTER TABLE `systemevents` ENGINE
 = InnoDB;

 > ERROR 1478 (HY000): Table storage engine
 'InnoDB' does not support the

 > create option 'TRANSACTIONAL=1'

 > MariaDB [dbmail]> ALTER TABLE `systemevents`
 TRANSACTIONAL=0;

 > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

 > Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

 Try TRANSACTIONAL=DEFAULT.