 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] stored programs
 A: "Federico Razzoli" <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx>
 Cc: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Data: Martedì 3 marzo 2015, 10:48

 Hi, Federico!

 On Mar 03, Federico Razzoli
 wrote:
 > Reading 10.0.3 release notes:
 >
 > https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mariadb-1013-release-notes/
 >
 > I see that IF
 EXISTS, IF NOT EXISTS and OR REPLACE are now almost
 > consistent. "Almost" means
 that... OR REPLACE still doesn't apply to
 > stored procedures, functions, triggers,
 events.

 Support for events
 is already pushed (albeit after 10.1.3).
 Support for triggers will be pushed any day now
 (already reviewed and
 approved, so
 there's no more work left on it). I suppose that
 stored
 procedures and functions will follow
 soon.

 This was a GSoC 2014
 project that added support for these clauses to
 *all* objects. It's just being pushed
 piecewise, object by object.

 > Recently, during a public session, a
 PostgreSQL user asked me if
 > MariaDB
 supports stored procedures - in his opinion, MySQL
 doesn't, no
 > matter what the manual
 says. Unfortunately my answer was that MariaDB
 > support for stored procedure is the same
 as MySQL ("so the answer is

 no", he said).

 don't understand what exactly missing feature that user
 had in mind.
 It couldn't have been
 "CREATE OR REPLACE", this seems so minor.
 Or was it?

 Regards,
 Sergei