Re: [Maria-developers] Enabling feedback pluging for MariaDB 10.1.4

Hi, Vladislav!

On Mar 12, Vladislav Vaintroub wrote:

> Hi Serg,
> On 03/12/15 09:17, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> > MariaDB Windows installer has a special dialog about it with a
> > checkbox that's enabled by default, if I'm not mistaken).
>
> I'm sorry, but you are mistaken :)  Checkbox is off by default.

Okay :) I did look at the feedback dialog in extra.wxs, but I'm not very
surprised that I got it wrong.

> Also, at some point in the past I  compared the download number of MSIs
> with the number that shows up in feedback plugin stats. The later number
> (# of enabled feedback plugin) is much less, by 2 orders of magnitude.

Still, >95% of reports are coming from Windows. Just having a checkbox
it a tremendous help, even if it's disabled by default.

> People seem to  be happy with default installer settings, in general.

My point, exactly.

Regards,
Sergei