Re: mysql_native_password in mysql.user WAS Re: SHOW GRANTS change?

Hi, Felipe!

On Apr 13, Felipe Gasper wrote:
> Actually (redux),
>
> … once I did a FLUSH PRIVILEGES, this behaved as expected.
>
> This seems like a pretty big “gotcha” of MySQL -> MariaDB upgrades.
> Should MariaDB not accept “mysql_native_password” as a value in that column?

Right, that's exactly the issue I was referring to.
I know about this case because I've fixed it.
It's MDEV-6253 and it was fixed in 10.0.12.

But ok, now I see that the bug was about the user being unable to
connect. That part was fixed. But SHOW GRANTS apparently wasn't.

Reported as MDEV-7985

Regards,
Sergei