InnoDB: slow insert (too many fsyncs ?)

Hello,

I am trying to optimize the insertion of 124 GB of data into InnoDB and it takes much more time than I expected.
For the moment this is only a test before migrating prod, using a USB HDD. Prod has much faster storage but I prefer to check if there's anything wrong in my MariaDB setup.

The source DB is read as less than 1MB/s with less than 20% CPU usage (<10% for mysqld and <10% for the client app doing the migration).

I know that several unsafe settings can be used to import data but I won't be able to use them for the migration of prod. This is because the migration will be done transparently in background, the old db being accessed for not yet migrated data. For the same reason, indexes can't be disabled.

Anyway, it was slow that for the moment, I only did a full test with unsafe settings:
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 0
innodb_flush_method = nosync
innodb_doublewrite = 0
sync_frm = 0

It took exactly 19.8 hours to import all the data.
See attached file for all parameters and detailed statistics.
(Sorry for the 'show status' outputs, no idea what I expected to get when I tried 'flush status', whereas 21G were already processed. So 'show status.20941778944' is the output just before the flush, and 'show status' is after everything was finished)

The schema of tables can be found here:
http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/neoppod.git/blob/HEAD:/neo/storage/database/mysqldb.py?js=1#l142

1. fsync

Not sure if I read 'show status' correctly, but I'd say it's actually 6 fsyncs per second, and this matches what I see with strace.
Why not 0 whereas I disabled them ?

There's also less than 1 COMMIT per second, so even without disabling fsyncs I was surprised to see so many in the middle of transactions.

2. Write amplification

During my first tests, I saw with iotop that mysqld wrote at 10MB/s. Which means a factor 10.
With doublewrite disabled, it's rather a factor 5.

These ratios are probably underestimated. For better interpretation of the statistics, I should add that:
- source DB is uncompressed but the file format is very compact
- most of the imported data ends up in the 'data.value' column, and most values are zlib-compressed, with also deduplication
The resulting ibdata is only 70GB.

Is this write amplification only caused by indexes & doublewrite ?

Thanks,
Julien

+-----------------------------------------------+--------------+
| Variable_name                                 | Value        |
+-----------------------------------------------+--------------+
| Aborted_clients                               | 1            |
| Aborted_connects                              | 0            |
| Access_denied_errors                          | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_blocks_not_flushed             | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_blocks_unused                  | 15736        |
| Aria_pagecache_blocks_used                    | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_read_requests                  | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_reads                          | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_write_requests                 | 0            |
| Aria_pagecache_writes                         | 0            |
| Aria_transaction_log_syncs                    | 0            |
| Binlog_commits                                | 0            |
| Binlog_group_commits                          | 0            |
| Binlog_snapshot_file                          |              |
| Binlog_snapshot_position                      | 0            |
| Binlog_bytes_written                          | 0            |
| Binlog_cache_disk_use                         | 0            |
| Binlog_cache_use                              | 0            |
| Binlog_stmt_cache_disk_use                    | 0            |
| Binlog_stmt_cache_use                         | 0            |
| Busy_time                                     | 0.000000     |
| Bytes_received                                | 224          |
| Bytes_sent                                    | 193          |
| Com_admin_commands                            | 0            |
| Com_alter_db                                  | 0            |
| Com_alter_db_upgrade                          | 0            |
| Com_alter_event                               | 0            |
| Com_alter_function                            | 0            |
| Com_alter_procedure                           | 0            |
| Com_alter_server                              | 0            |
| Com_alter_table                               | 0            |
| Com_alter_tablespace                          | 0            |
| Com_analyze                                   | 0            |
| Com_assign_to_keycache                        | 0            |
| Com_begin                                     | 0            |
| Com_binlog                                    | 0            |
| Com_call_procedure                            | 0            |
| Com_change_db                                 | 0            |
| Com_change_master                             | 0            |
| Com_check                                     | 0            |
| Com_checksum                                  | 0            |
| Com_commit                                    | 0            |
| Com_create_db                                 | 0            |
| Com_create_event                              | 0            |
| Com_create_function                           | 0            |
| Com_create_index                              | 0            |
| Com_create_procedure                          | 0            |
| Com_create_role                               | 0            |
| Com_create_server                             | 0            |
| Com_create_table                              | 0            |
| Com_create_trigger                            | 0            |
| Com_create_udf                                | 0            |
| Com_create_user                               | 0            |
| Com_create_view                               | 0            |
| Com_dealloc_sql                               | 0            |
| Com_delete                                    | 0            |
| Com_delete_multi                              | 0            |
| Com_do                                        | 0            |
| Com_drop_db                                   | 0            |
| Com_drop_event                                | 0            |
| Com_drop_function                             | 0            |
| Com_drop_index                                | 0            |
| Com_drop_procedure                            | 0            |
| Com_drop_role                                 | 0            |
| Com_drop_server                               | 0            |
| Com_drop_table                                | 0            |
| Com_drop_trigger                              | 0            |
| Com_drop_user                                 | 0            |
| Com_drop_view                                 | 0            |
| Com_empty_query                               | 0            |
| Com_execute_sql                               | 0            |
| Com_flush                                     | 0            |
| Com_get_diagnostics                           | 0            |
| Com_grant                                     | 0            |
| Com_grant_role                                | 0            |
| Com_ha_close                                  | 0            |
| Com_ha_open                                   | 0            |
| Com_ha_read                                   | 0            |
| Com_help                                      | 0            |
| Com_insert                                    | 0            |
| Com_insert_select                             | 0            |
| Com_install_plugin                            | 0            |
| Com_kill                                      | 0            |
| Com_load                                      | 0            |
| Com_lock_tables                               | 0            |
| Com_optimize                                  | 0            |
| Com_preload_keys                              | 0            |
| Com_prepare_sql                               | 0            |
| Com_purge                                     | 0            |
| Com_purge_before_date                         | 0            |
| Com_release_savepoint                         | 0            |
| Com_rename_table                              | 0            |
| Com_rename_user                               | 0            |
| Com_repair                                    | 0            |
| Com_replace                                   | 0            |
| Com_replace_select                            | 0            |
| Com_reset                                     | 0            |
| Com_resignal                                  | 0            |
| Com_revoke                                    | 0            |
| Com_revoke_all                                | 0            |
| Com_revoke_role                               | 0            |
| Com_rollback                                  | 0            |
| Com_rollback_to_savepoint                     | 0            |
| Com_savepoint                                 | 0            |
| Com_select                                    | 1            |
| Com_set_option                                | 0            |
| Com_show_authors                              | 0            |
| Com_show_binlog_events                        | 0            |
| Com_show_binlogs                              | 0            |
| Com_show_charsets                             | 0            |
| Com_show_client_statistics                    | 0            |
| Com_show_collations                           | 0            |
| Com_show_contributors                         | 0            |
| Com_show_create_db                            | 0            |
| Com_show_create_event                         | 0            |
| Com_show_create_func                          | 0            |
| Com_show_create_proc                          | 0            |
| Com_show_create_table                         | 0            |
| Com_show_create_trigger                       | 0            |
| Com_show_databases                            | 0            |
| Com_show_engine_logs                          | 0            |
| Com_show_engine_mutex                         | 0            |
| Com_show_engine_status                        | 0            |
| Com_show_errors                               | 0            |
| Com_show_events                               | 0            |
| Com_show_explain                              | 0            |
| Com_show_fields                               | 0            |
| Com_show_function_status                      | 0            |
| Com_show_grants                               | 0            |
| Com_show_index_statistics                     | 0            |
| Com_show_keys                                 | 0            |
| Com_show_master_status                        | 0            |
| Com_show_open_tables                          | 0            |
| Com_show_plugins                              | 0            |
| Com_show_privileges                           | 0            |
| Com_show_procedure_status                     | 0            |
| Com_show_processlist                          | 0            |
| Com_show_profile                              | 0            |
| Com_show_profiles                             | 0            |
| Com_show_relaylog_events                      | 0            |
| Com_show_slave_hosts                          | 0            |
| Com_show_slave_status                         | 0            |
| Com_show_status                               | 1            |
| Com_show_storage_engines                      | 0            |
| Com_show_table_statistics                     | 0            |
| Com_show_table_status                         | 0            |
| Com_show_tables                               | 0            |
| Com_show_triggers                             | 0            |
| Com_show_user_statistics                      | 0            |
| Com_show_variables                            | 0            |
| Com_show_warnings                             | 0            |
| Com_shutdown                                  | 0            |
| Com_signal                                    | 0            |
| Com_start_all_slaves                          | 0            |
| Com_start_slave                               | 0            |
| Com_stmt_close                                | 0            |
| Com_stmt_execute                              | 0            |
| Com_stmt_fetch                                | 0            |
| Com_stmt_prepare                              | 0            |
| Com_stmt_reprepare                            | 0            |
| Com_stmt_reset                                | 0            |
| Com_stmt_send_long_data                       | 0            |
| Com_stop_all_slaves                           | 0            |
| Com_stop_slave                                | 0            |
| Com_truncate                                  | 0            |
| Com_uninstall_plugin                          | 0            |
| Com_unlock_tables                             | 0            |
| Com_update                                    | 0            |
| Com_update_multi                              | 0            |
| Com_xa_commit                                 | 0            |
| Com_xa_end                                    | 0            |
| Com_xa_prepare                                | 0            |
| Com_xa_recover                                | 0            |
| Com_xa_rollback                               | 0            |
| Com_xa_start                                  | 0            |
| Compression                                   | OFF          |
| Connection_errors_accept                      | 0            |
| Connection_errors_internal                    | 0            |
| Connection_errors_max_connections             | 0            |
| Connection_errors_peer_address                | 0            |
| Connection_errors_select                      | 0            |
| Connection_errors_tcpwrap                     | 0            |
| Connections                                   | 15           |
| Cpu_time                                      | 0.000000     |
| Created_tmp_disk_tables                       | 0            |
| Created_tmp_files                             | 0            |
| Created_tmp_tables                            | 0            |
| Delayed_errors                                | 0            |
| Delayed_insert_threads                        | 0            |
| Delayed_writes                                | 0            |
| Empty_queries                                 | 0            |
| Executed_events                               | 0            |
| Executed_triggers                             | 0            |
| Feature_delay_key_write                       | 0            |
| Feature_dynamic_columns                       | 0            |
| Feature_fulltext                              | 0            |
| Feature_gis                                   | 0            |
| Feature_locale                                | 0            |
| Feature_subquery                              | 0            |
| Feature_timezone                              | 0            |
| Feature_trigger                               | 0            |
| Feature_xml                                   | 0            |
| Flush_commands                                | 1            |
| Handler_commit                                | 0            |
| Handler_delete                                | 0            |
| Handler_discover                              | 0            |
| Handler_external_lock                         | 0            |
| Handler_icp_attempts                          | 0            |
| Handler_icp_match                             | 0            |
| Handler_mrr_init                              | 0            |
| Handler_mrr_key_refills                       | 0            |
| Handler_mrr_rowid_refills                     | 0            |
| Handler_prepare                               | 0            |
| Handler_read_first                            | 0            |
| Handler_read_key                              | 0            |
| Handler_read_last                             | 0            |
| Handler_read_next                             | 0            |
| Handler_read_prev                             | 0            |
| Handler_read_rnd                              | 0            |
| Handler_read_rnd_deleted                      | 0            |
| Handler_read_rnd_next                         | 0            |
| Handler_rollback                              | 0            |
| Handler_savepoint                             | 0            |
| Handler_savepoint_rollback                    | 0            |
| Handler_tmp_update                            | 0            |
| Handler_tmp_write                             | 0            |
| Handler_update                                | 0            |
| Handler_write                                 | 0            |
| Innodb_available_undo_logs                    | 128          |
| Innodb_background_log_sync                    | 145717       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_bytes_data                 | 937787392    |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_bytes_dirty                | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_dump_status                | not started  |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_load_status                | not started  |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_data                 | 57238        |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_dirty                | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_flushed              | 23117327     |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_free                 | 8192         |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_lru_flushed          | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_made_not_young       | 18941913     |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_made_young           | 9362328      |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_misc                 | 98           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_old                  | 20971        |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_total                | 65528        |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead                 | 6188         |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead_evicted         | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead_rnd             | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_requests              | 1712351635   |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_reads                      | 15805015     |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_wait_free                  | 0            |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_write_requests             | 617964536    |
| Innodb_checkpoint_age                         | 0            |
| Innodb_checkpoint_max_age                     | 848635454    |
| Innodb_data_fsyncs                            | 334552       |
| Innodb_data_pending_fsyncs                    | 0            |
| Innodb_data_pending_reads                     | 0            |
| Innodb_data_pending_writes                    | 0            |
| Innodb_data_read                              | 266942369792 |
| Innodb_data_reads                             | 16292874     |
| Innodb_data_writes                            | 23285308     |
| Innodb_data_written                           | 453394780672 |
| Innodb_dblwr_pages_written                    | 0            |
| Innodb_dblwr_writes                           | 0            |
| Innodb_deadlocks                              | 0            |
| Innodb_have_atomic_builtins                   | ON           |
| Innodb_history_list_length                    | 396          |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_delete_marks            | 0            |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_deletes                 | 0            |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_inserts                 | 0            |
| Innodb_ibuf_free_list                         | 269          |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_delete_marks               | 0            |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_deletes                    | 0            |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_inserts                    | 1805543      |
| Innodb_ibuf_merges                            | 485067       |
| Innodb_ibuf_segment_size                      | 271          |
| Innodb_ibuf_size                              | 1            |
| Innodb_log_waits                              | 139          |
| Innodb_log_write_requests                     | 180101796    |
| Innodb_log_writes                             | 93865        |
| Innodb_lsn_current                            | 74612945450  |
| Innodb_lsn_flushed                            | 74612945450  |
| Innodb_lsn_last_checkpoint                    | 74612945450  |
| Innodb_master_thread_active_loops             | 48888        |
| Innodb_master_thread_idle_loops               | 96830        |
| Innodb_max_trx_id                             | 52409        |
| Innodb_mem_adaptive_hash                      | 20531760     |
| Innodb_mem_dictionary                         | 4515288      |
| Innodb_mem_total                              | 1098907648   |
| Innodb_mutex_os_waits                         | 123879       |
| Innodb_mutex_spin_rounds                      | 5144802      |
| Innodb_mutex_spin_waits                       | 985258       |
| Innodb_oldest_view_low_limit_trx_id           | 0            |
| Innodb_os_log_fsyncs                          | 94311        |
| Innodb_os_log_pending_fsyncs                  | 0            |
| Innodb_os_log_pending_writes                  | 0            |
| Innodb_os_log_written                         | 74659319296  |
| Innodb_page_size                              | 16384        |
| Innodb_pages_created                          | 3700166      |
| Innodb_pages_read                             | 16292865     |
| Innodb_pages_written                          | 23117427     |
| Innodb_purge_trx_id                           | 52102        |
| Innodb_purge_undo_no                          | 0            |
| Innodb_read_views_memory                      | 192          |
| Innodb_row_lock_current_waits                 | 0            |
| Innodb_row_lock_time                          | 0            |
| Innodb_row_lock_time_avg                      | 0            |
| Innodb_row_lock_time_max                      | 0            |
| Innodb_row_lock_waits                         | 0            |
| Innodb_rows_deleted                           | 0            |
| Innodb_rows_inserted                          | 135480595    |
| Innodb_rows_read                              | 14765743     |
| Innodb_rows_updated                           | 0            |
| Innodb_system_rows_deleted                    | 0            |
| Innodb_system_rows_inserted                   | 0            |
| Innodb_system_rows_read                       | 0            |
| Innodb_system_rows_updated                    | 0            |
| Innodb_s_lock_os_waits                        | 13406        |
| Innodb_s_lock_spin_rounds                     | 776885       |
| Innodb_s_lock_spin_waits                      | 41207        |
| Innodb_truncated_status_writes                | 0            |
| Innodb_x_lock_os_waits                        | 26066        |
| Innodb_x_lock_spin_rounds                     | 1277481      |
| Innodb_x_lock_spin_waits                      | 46808        |
| Key_blocks_not_flushed                        | 0            |
| Key_blocks_unused                             | 107163       |
| Key_blocks_used                               | 0            |
| Key_blocks_warm                               | 0            |
| Key_read_requests                             | 0            |
| Key_reads                                     | 0            |
| Key_write_requests                            | 0            |
| Key_writes                                    | 0            |
| Last_query_cost                               | 0.000000     |
| Max_used_connections                          | 2            |
| Memory_used                                   | 29016        |
| Not_flushed_delayed_rows                      | 0            |
| Open_files                                    | 25           |
| Open_streams                                  | 0            |
| Open_table_definitions                        | 77           |
| Open_tables                                   | 70           |
| Opened_files                                  | 151          |
| Opened_plugin_libraries                       | 0            |
| Opened_table_definitions                      | 0            |
| Opened_tables                                 | 0            |
| Opened_views                                  | 0            |
| Performance_schema_accounts_lost              | 0            |
| Performance_schema_cond_classes_lost          | 0            |
| Performance_schema_cond_instances_lost        | 0            |
| Performance_schema_digest_lost                | 0            |
| Performance_schema_file_classes_lost          | 0            |
| Performance_schema_file_handles_lost          | 0            |
| Performance_schema_file_instances_lost        | 0            |
| Performance_schema_hosts_lost                 | 0            |
| Performance_schema_locker_lost                | 0            |
| Performance_schema_mutex_classes_lost         | 0            |
| Performance_schema_mutex_instances_lost       | 0            |
| Performance_schema_rwlock_classes_lost        | 0            |
| Performance_schema_rwlock_instances_lost      | 0            |
| Performance_schema_session_connect_attrs_lost | 0            |
| Performance_schema_socket_classes_lost        | 0            |
| Performance_schema_socket_instances_lost      | 0            |
| Performance_schema_stage_classes_lost         | 0            |
| Performance_schema_statement_classes_lost     | 0            |
| Performance_schema_table_handles_lost         | 0            |
| Performance_schema_table_instances_lost       | 0            |
| Performance_schema_thread_classes_lost        | 0            |
| Performance_schema_thread_instances_lost      | 0            |
| Performance_schema_users_lost                 | 0            |
| Prepared_stmt_count                           | 0            |
| Qcache_free_blocks                            | 1            |
| Qcache_free_memory                            | 33536824     |
| Qcache_hits                                   | 0            |
| Qcache_inserts                                | 0            |
| Qcache_lowmem_prunes                          | 0            |
| Qcache_not_cached                             | 14074838     |
| Qcache_queries_in_cache                       | 0            |
| Qcache_total_blocks                           | 1            |
| Queries                                       | 165061931    |
| Questions                                     | 2            |
| Rows_read                                     | 0            |
| Rows_sent                                     | 1            |
| Rows_tmp_read                                 | 0            |
| Rpl_status                                    | AUTH_MASTER  |
| Select_full_join                              | 0            |
| Select_full_range_join                        | 0            |
| Select_range                                  | 0            |
| Select_range_check                            | 0            |
| Select_scan                                   | 0            |
| Slave_heartbeat_period                        | 0.000        |
| Slave_open_temp_tables                        | 0            |
| Slave_received_heartbeats                     | 0            |
| Slave_retried_transactions                    | 0            |
| Slave_running                                 | OFF          |
| Slow_launch_threads                           | 0            |
| Slow_queries                                  | 0            |
| Sort_merge_passes                             | 0            |
| Sort_priority_queue_sorts                     | 0            |
| Sort_range                                    | 0            |
| Sort_rows                                     | 0            |
| Sort_scan                                     | 0            |
| Ssl_accept_renegotiates                       | 0            |
| Ssl_accepts                                   | 0            |
| Ssl_callback_cache_hits                       | 0            |
| Ssl_cipher                                    |              |
| Ssl_cipher_list                               |              |
| Ssl_client_connects                           | 0            |
| Ssl_connect_renegotiates                      | 0            |
| Ssl_ctx_verify_depth                          | 0            |
| Ssl_ctx_verify_mode                           | 0            |
| Ssl_default_timeout                           | 0            |
| Ssl_finished_accepts                          | 0            |
| Ssl_finished_connects                         | 0            |
| Ssl_server_not_after                          |              |
| Ssl_server_not_before                         |              |
| Ssl_session_cache_hits                        | 0            |
| Ssl_session_cache_misses                      | 0            |
| Ssl_session_cache_mode                        | NONE         |
| Ssl_session_cache_overflows                   | 0            |
| Ssl_session_cache_size                        | 0            |
| Ssl_session_cache_timeouts                    | 0            |
| Ssl_sessions_reused                           | 0            |
| Ssl_used_session_cache_entries                | 0            |
| Ssl_verify_depth                              | 0            |
| Ssl_verify_mode                               | 0            |
| Ssl_version                                   |              |
| Subquery_cache_hit                            | 0            |
| Subquery_cache_miss                           | 0            |
| Syncs                                         | 3            |
| Table_locks_immediate                         | 152477272    |
| Table_locks_waited                            | 0            |
| Tc_log_max_pages_used                         | 0            |
| Tc_log_page_size                              | 0            |
| Tc_log_page_waits                             | 0            |
| Threadpool_idle_threads                       | 0            |
| Threadpool_threads                            | 0            |
| Threads_cached                                | 0            |
| Threads_connected                             | 1            |
| Threads_created                               | 12           |
| Threads_running                               | 1            |
| Uptime                                        | 169351       |
| Uptime_since_flush_status                     | 162291       |
+-----------------------------------------------+--------------+
+--------+--------+---------+------------+----------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+-------------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+
| Name   | Engine | Version | Row_format | Rows     | Avg_row_length | Data_length | Max_data_length | Index_length | Data_free | Auto_increment | Create_time         | Update_time | Check_time | Collation       | Checksum | Create_options | Comment |
+--------+--------+---------+------------+----------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+-------------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+
| config | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    |        6 |           2730 |       16384 |               0 |            0 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| data   | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    | 86277931 |            598 | 51642368000 |               0 |   2632957952 |  63963136 |       65604473 | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| obj    | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    | 67004243 |             59 |  3987718144 |               0 |   5731254272 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| pt     | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    |       12 |           1365 |       16384 |               0 |            0 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| tobj   | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    |        0 |              0 |       16384 |               0 |            0 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| trans  | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    | 17355691 |            156 |  2708471808 |               0 |            0 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
| ttrans | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    |        0 |              0 |       16384 |               0 |            0 |  63963136 |           NULL | 2015-04-24 17:56:37 | NULL        | NULL       | utf8_unicode_ci |     NULL |                |         |
+--------+--------+---------+------------+----------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+-------------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+
+-----------------------------------------------+-------------+
| Variable_name                                 | Value       |
+-----------------------------------------------+-------------+
[...]
| Connections                                   | 8           |
| Cpu_time                                      | 0.000000    |
| Created_tmp_disk_tables                       | 0           |
| Created_tmp_files                             | 6           |
[...]
| Innodb_background_log_sync                    | 6376        |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_bytes_data                 | 938934272   |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_bytes_dirty                | 635453440   |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_dump_status                | not started |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_load_status                | not started |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_data                 | 57308       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_dirty                | 38785       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_flushed              | 768594      |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_free                 | 8182        |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_lru_flushed          | 0           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_made_not_young       | 58089       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_made_young           | 18414       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_misc                 | 38          |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_old                  | 20991       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_total                | 65528       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead                 | 0           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead_evicted         | 0           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_ahead_rnd             | 0           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_read_requests              | 117329808   |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_reads                      | 12972       |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_wait_free                  | 0           |
| Innodb_buffer_pool_write_requests             | 49831389    |
| Innodb_checkpoint_age                         | 420457491   |
| Innodb_checkpoint_max_age                     | 848635454   |
| Innodb_data_fsyncs                            | 12457       |
| Innodb_data_pending_fsyncs                    | 0           |
| Innodb_data_pending_reads                     | 0           |
| Innodb_data_pending_writes                    | 0           |
| Innodb_data_read                              | 431198208   |
| Innodb_data_reads                             | 26324       |
| Innodb_data_writes                            | 787246      |
| Innodb_data_written                           | 23204477440 |
| Innodb_dblwr_pages_written                    | 0           |
| Innodb_dblwr_writes                           | 0           |
| Innodb_deadlocks                              | 0           |
| Innodb_have_atomic_builtins                   | ON          |
| Innodb_history_list_length                    | 254         |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_delete_marks            | 0           |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_deletes                 | 0           |
| Innodb_ibuf_discarded_inserts                 | 0           |
| Innodb_ibuf_free_list                         | 5           |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_delete_marks               | 0           |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_deletes                    | 0           |
| Innodb_ibuf_merged_inserts                    | 69837       |
| Innodb_ibuf_merges                            | 13427       |
| Innodb_ibuf_segment_size                      | 7           |
| Innodb_ibuf_size                              | 1           |
| Innodb_log_waits                              | 17          |
| Innodb_log_write_requests                     | 23446733    |
| Innodb_log_writes                             | 7062        |
| Innodb_lsn_current                            | 10610528708 |
| Innodb_lsn_flushed                            | 10609624221 |
| Innodb_lsn_last_checkpoint                    | 10190071217 |
| Innodb_master_thread_active_loops             | 2818        |
| Innodb_master_thread_idle_loops               | 3558        |
| Innodb_max_trx_id                             | 5086        |
| Innodb_mem_adaptive_hash                      | 19548720    |
| Innodb_mem_dictionary                         | 4515288     |
| Innodb_mem_total                              | 1098907648  |
| Innodb_mutex_os_waits                         | 7951        |
| Innodb_mutex_spin_rounds                      | 271216      |
| Innodb_mutex_spin_waits                       | 18328       |
| Innodb_oldest_view_low_limit_trx_id           | 5086        |
| Innodb_os_log_fsyncs                          | 6350        |
| Innodb_os_log_pending_fsyncs                  | 0           |
| Innodb_os_log_pending_writes                  | 0           |
| Innodb_os_log_written                         | 10611617280 |
| Innodb_page_size                              | 16384       |
| Innodb_pages_created                          | 614407      |
| Innodb_pages_read                             | 26313       |
| Innodb_pages_written                          | 768594      |
| Innodb_purge_trx_id                           | 5012        |
| Innodb_purge_undo_no                          | 0           |
| Innodb_read_views_memory                      | 288         |
| Innodb_row_lock_current_waits                 | 0           |
| Innodb_row_lock_time                          | 0           |
| Innodb_row_lock_time_avg                      | 0           |
| Innodb_row_lock_time_max                      | 0           |
| Innodb_row_lock_waits                         | 0           |
| Innodb_rows_deleted                           | 0           |
| Innodb_rows_inserted                          | 11152920    |
| Innodb_rows_read                              | 690909      |
| Innodb_rows_updated                           | 0           |
| Innodb_system_rows_deleted                    | 0           |
| Innodb_system_rows_inserted                   | 0           |
| Innodb_system_rows_read                       | 0           |
| Innodb_system_rows_updated                    | 0           |
| Innodb_s_lock_os_waits                        | 1090        |
| Innodb_s_lock_spin_rounds                     | 63053       |
| Innodb_s_lock_spin_waits                      | 3302        |
| Innodb_truncated_status_writes                | 0           |
| Innodb_x_lock_os_waits                        | 2406        |
| Innodb_x_lock_spin_rounds                     | 113243      |
| Innodb_x_lock_spin_waits                      | 4116        |
| Key_blocks_not_flushed                        | 0           |
| Key_blocks_unused                             | 107163      |
| Key_blocks_used                               | 0           |
| Key_blocks_warm                               | 0           |
| Key_read_requests                             | 0           |
| Key_reads                                     | 0           |
| Key_write_requests                            | 0           |
| Key_writes                                    | 0           |
| Last_query_cost                               | 0.000000    |
| Max_used_connections                          | 2           |
| Memory_used                                   | 29016       |
| Not_flushed_delayed_rows                      | 0           |
| Open_files                                    | 25          |
| Open_streams                                  | 0           |
| Open_table_definitions                        | 77          |
| Open_tables                                   | 70          |
| Opened_files                                  | 149         |
[...]
| Qcache_hits                                   | 5           |
| Qcache_inserts                                | 17          |
| Qcache_lowmem_prunes                          | 0           |
| Qcache_not_cached                             | 690912      |
| Qcache_queries_in_cache                       | 0           |
| Qcache_total_blocks                           | 1           |
| Queries                                       | 12537376    |
[...]
| Syncs                                         | 1           |
| Table_locks_immediate                         | 12534859    |
| Table_locks_waited                            | 0           |
| Tc_log_max_pages_used                         | 0           |
| Tc_log_page_size                              | 0           |
| Tc_log_page_waits                             | 0           |
| Threadpool_idle_threads                       | 0           |
| Threadpool_threads                            | 0           |
| Threads_cached                                | 0           |
| Threads_connected                             | 2           |
| Threads_created                               | 5           |
| Threads_running                               | 1           |
| Uptime                                        | 7060        |
| Uptime_since_flush_status                     | 7060        |

Follow ups