Re: MariaDB 10.0.18 now available

Am 07.05.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
On May 07, Reindl Harald wrote:
and the Fedora 20 build is completly broken and crashs due "mysql_upgrade"

Yes, I've just fixed it. But too late for 10.0.18 :(

Your most simple workaround would be not to run mysql_upgrade. It
wouldn't do anything noticeable when upgrading from 10.0.17 to 10.0.18
anyway

does that *really* only affect mysql_upgrade since a crash of mysqld
itself and not mysql_upgrade is bad and i am not sure if some other
query in production would not trigger the same problem?

No, it affects the server, not mysql_upgrade. But it's a new statement,
that mysql_upgrade is using,  no existing query can possibly trigger
that bug

well, in other words anybody could crash the server by write a specific query and so i am not sure what is worser: the security bugs in 10.0.17 or that bug in 10.0.18

doesn't upstream run "mysql_upgrade" mandatory independent of changes?

OpenVAS against 10.0.17 reports CVE-2013-1861 and CVE-2012-5627 while there still was no answer to the mail below and so the state which of the mysql security bugs are also in mariadb is unknown