Re: fsync necessary for synchronous page flush?

Justin,

I was thinking of if fsync is needed each time after a write. The
operations are already in the log. So recovery can always be done from the
log. The difference is that during recovery, we need to go back further in
the log and it will take longer. But in that way, I guess it would be hard
to coordinate with the kernel flush thread.

Xiaofei