DELETE FROM RETURNING

Hello All,

Just regarding the RETURNING feature introduced into MariaDB 10.0.5 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/delete/

It would be useful, similar to the OUTPUT clause in MSSQL, if we could INSERT the data sent back from a returning clause in a single statement. Something like...

CREATE TABEL deleted_ids
(
                Id INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
);

INSERT INTO deleted_ids
DELETE FROM t1
WHERE id < 999
RETURNING id;

Rhys Campbell
Database Administrator
TradingScreen, Inc.
23 York House, 5th Floor
London WC2B 6UJ
Email: rhys.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rhys.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Follow TradingScreen on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/TradingScreen> , Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/TradingScreen/214046251945650> and our blog Trading Smarter<tradingsmarter.tradingscreen.com>
This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you should not review, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message in error and delete it from your system.

Follow ups