Re: View missing from EXPLAIN after ORDER BY removed from definition

Hi Sergey,

Ah. That makes a lot of sense, but...

Ot.col2 doesn't refer to the PK of the underlying table but it is at the head of a unique index (multiple columns)

Value of optimizer_switch...

index_merge=ON,index_merge_union=ON,index_merge_sort_union=ON,index_merge_intersection=ON,index_merge_sort_intersection=off,engine_condition_pushdown=off,index_condition_pushdown=ON,derived_merge=ON,derived_with_keys=ON,firstmatch=ON,loosescan=ON,materialization=ON,in_to_exists=ON,semijoin=ON,partial_match_rowid_merge=ON,partial_match_table_scan=ON,subquery_cache=ON,mrr=off,mrr_cost_based=off,mrr_sort_keys=off,outer_join_with_cache=ON,semijoin_with_cache=ON,join_cache_incremental=ON,join_cache_hashed=ON,join_cache_bka=ON,optimize_join_buffer_size=off,table_elimination=ON,extended_keys=ON,exists_to_in=ON

When I set the table_elimination flag to OFF we get back to the original plan...

id

select_type

table

type

possible_keys

key

key_len

ref

rows

filtered

Extra

1

PRIMARY

P1

\N

--

4

\N

85977207

100

Using index; Using temporary; Using filesort

1

PRIMARY

p1

ref

IX_1

IX_1

8

--

1

100

Using where; Using index

3

DEPENDENT SUBQUERY

p2

ref

IX_1

IX_1

8

--

1

100

Using where; Using index

So it's a pretty nonsensical query anyway but why is the ORDER BY making the table elimination impossible?

Cheers,

Rhys