Re: stored procedures external languages

Someone told me that MariaDB people expressed an interest in including this in a future release during a recent conference...

http://www.slideshare.net/rpbouman/my-sq-lv8udfs

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria-discuss [mailto:maria-discuss-bounces+rhys.campbell=swisscom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Federico Razzoli
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:54 PM
To: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Maria-discuss] stored procedures external languages

Hi all

I remember these slides and this worklog about supporting external languages for stored procedures:

* http://www.slideshare.net/AntonyTCurtis/external-stored-proceduresformysql2009
* http://www.slideshare.net/AntonyTCurtis/a-tour-of-external-language-stored-procedures-for-my-sql-presentation
* https://dev.mysql.com/worklog/task/?id=820

As far as I can guess from the slides, there has been some active work on this idea, and some working code. I hoped so badly that I could see this in 5.x, and then in10.0, and then in 10.1. Is there any chance to see this feature in a future release, or should I just stop waiting?

Please, consider all the benefits that would come from this: using a "real" language, using existing libraries, getting rid of almost all current stored procedures limitations...

Regards
Federico