Re: why stdout? -> [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.20-MariaDB) starting as process 115096

Am 06.08.2015 um 13:24 schrieb Jean Weisbuch:
I will try not to feed the troll.

do you really think it's trolling to have zero understanding for useless questions?

Here is the commit that added this message :
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/ddd275bde7a8edb64449761989d4d472739b3d2a#diff-e7d51f293adc9257284fbdec858056df

"we log a server version information just after we prepare server_version string and logging is initialized"

but it is *not* logged, it goes to stdout and hence on systems which does not forward stdout to syslog they are not visible at all and in case of troubles you typically look in the mysqld log

that message is at the wrong place - period