New Question: Problems with user access to db

Hello,

--------------------------------
I have MariaDB 10.1 installed. I am trying to get some software installed but am running into problems.
I have created a database and user for that database, but when I run the software it cannot connect to the database.
The user I created was on the database sam
I used the command MySQL -u sam -p'sam's password' sam's database
I get access denied for user 'sam'@'localhost'
I used the command "grant all privileges on newdb.*  to sam@localhost;"
I also did a "grant usage on *.* to sam@localhost identified by 'sams password';
Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there something I am missing?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/problems-with-user-access-to-db/