Transportable (portable) tablespaces

Hi,

I haven’t tested this yet (the joys of vacation that still keeps you coming back to the lists), but thought I’d approach this as a user searching the Knowledgebase :-)

This is a feature from 5.6, and it has improved in 5.7. I saw https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4299 saying that it works (looks like Serg did the merge — http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/10.0/revision/3965.1.18 for 10.0.8), but I couldn’t find any documentation suggesting that such a feature exists, eg. https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-transportable-tablespace-examples.html

One of the “improvements” that I guess we’ll be getting is, the ability to use the CREATE TABLESPACE command — https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/create-tablespace.html (vs. https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/create-tablespace/)

Looking forward to more information/discussion, and also if this is a docs bug, I guess I CC’ed Ian

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/