Re: C header files in binary distribution on Windows

On 1/20/2016 4:40 PM, Peter Laursen wrote:
I have an almost fresh Win10 installation with MariaDB 10.1.9 installed with .msi installer from this link (I believe) https://downloads.mariadb.org/interstitial/mariadb-10.0.21/win32-packages/mariadb-10.0.21-win32.msi/from/http%3A//mirror.one.com/mariadb/. No older version has been installed on this system ever.

The folder C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.1\include\mysql and its subfolders have a large number of ".h" files. Isn't this a build script bug?

What is the reason you suspect a bug here? Header files installed as part of "Development Components" MSI feature https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/installing-mariadb-msi-packages-on-windows/, which is active by default. IF you deselect it, headers are not installed.
 Or the reason is that there are more  header files than you'd expect?

-- Peter
-- Webyog