Re: New Question: Non-blocking calls from PHP

Yes, GET DIAGNOSTICS is in 5.5 (and anyway, a workaround for older versions should be possible, correct?).

Some comments:

1) The LIFO tables sounds to me a little dangerous. Of course "asynchronous" means "asynchronous", but under certain circumstances some queries could wait too much... don't you agree? Maybe the direction could depend from an option...

2) SELECT queries are "materialized", which is cool. But I don't understand how the user can associate an async query with the results table.

3) In MariaDB, the P_S is disabled by default, and a user can still disable it in MySQL. Also, in MariaDB global_status is in I_S, while MySQL has it in P_S (another funny incompatibility developed by Oracle). The first problem can probably be addressed with CONNECT (SRCDEF='show processlist') and the second with a view in async schema. Would you accept a patch?

Probably more comments/questions will come. In the meanwhile, thanks for your work (again).

bye
Federico