New Question: Error installing AUDIT Plugin in MySQL 5.7

Hello,

--------------------------------
I downloaded mariadb-10.1.11 for Linux x86-64 and copied the auth_pam.so to plugin directory under MySQL 5.7.10 Community Server home directory. When I attempt to install the plugin I get the following error

mysql> install soname 'auth_pam';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'soname 'auth_pam'' at line 1

Then I tried the following but no luck

mysql> install plugin auth_pam_server soname 'auth_pam.so';
ERROR 1127 (HY000): Can't find symbol '_mysql_plugin_interface_version_' in library

mysql> install plugin pam soname 'auth_pam.so';
ERROR 1127 (HY000): Can't find symbol '_mysql_plugin_interface_version_' in library

Do I need to do anything additional for this to work?

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/error-installing-audit-plugin-in-mysql-57/