New Question: MariaDB Connector/J

Hello,

--------------------------------
Hi,

We are using MariaDB Connector/J against our production AWS Aurora RDS and noticed that default socketTimeout is set to 10 seconds against Aurora. Is there a reason behind this default value? Is there any implication of increasing timeout that I should be aware?

We do have transaction layer that times out at 60 seconds. So was thinking to up it to match our higher layer timeout.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-faq-mariadb-connectorj/