 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] The insert performance issue
 A: "Sergei Golubchik" <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Data: Giovedì 10 marzo 2016, 11:20

 Hi
 ,My MariaDB original setting has include
 "skip-name-resolve" .
 2016-03-10 16:48
 GMT+08:00 Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
 Hi,
 林澤宇!

 On Mar 10, 林澤宇 wrote:

 > Hi ALL ,

 > I test the MariaDB performance of insert command .

 > I use a file include 100000 insert command statements
 to test the insert

 > performanc .

 > On local server ,the Mariadb spent about 20 second to
 insert data;but on

 > remote server ,the MariaDB spent about 30 second to
 insert data .

 > I execute the command " mysql -h db1 -utest -ptest
 -D IST <

 > insert_file.sql" on local and remote servers .

 > Why the MariaDB has about 10 second gap ?

 > Maybe the network should to cause some latancy ,but the
 time should not

 > have so long .

 > What issue to cause the gap ?

 May be hostname resolution? As far as I
 understand the default resolver

 timeout is 5 seconds (man resolv.conf) - two failed name
 lookups gives

 you exactly 10 seconds.

 Try --skip-name-resolve on the remote mariadb server and
 make sure you

 only use IP adresses when granting privileges and when
 connecting to the

 server.

 Regards,

 Sergei