Re: Collations, trailing spaces and unique indexes

> Hi Binarus,
>
> I see 3 options here:
>
> 1) MariaDB captains can help you implementing this, we always welcome contributions and Alexander already point you where to start.
>
> 2) You really need this feature and can switch to MariaDB, please contact one of our sale reps to quote you some NRE work .
>
> 3) Captains fill this is a generic issue that need to be fixed for the benefit of all, but also prioritise it on other tasks they are working on.
>
> Tell us the time you are ready to wait, How much you can afford to help etc. ..?
>
> An other option is that you switch to MariaDB and use VarBinary, that would help our captains not to forget your request!

I'll try to take option 1) and have a look into the code over the weekend. I would be proud to make a small contribution to your project.

But since I never have read any of the sources of MySQL or MariaDB until now, I am unsure if I will be able to do anything meaningful to the code. Furthermore, I (currently) don't know how to submit patches. But I'll find out ...

Regards,

Binarus