Re: expire_logs_days

Am 07.04.2016 um 19:32 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
Hi, Reindl!

On Apr 05, Reindl Harald wrote:
i find a config variable with "days" just annoying - why - because in
case of thin-provisioned virtual servers it wastes space in
environment where the slave is for sure not down longer then a few
hours and if it is longer down it's just my problem to act

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_expire_logs_days

I think we can change it from int to float, and you'll be able to
specify values, like, 0.1, if you'd like. I believe it's a backward
compatible change, so it should not break anything.

Care to create a feature request at jira.mariadb.org?

sounds damned good - will make a feature request ASAP when i find some spare time - it's not mission critical but on dbmailservers in a HA-cluster where the purpose of the salve is be able shut it down, rsync the datadir somewhere else the storage overhead on the master are some GB each day