New Question: JDBC driver configuration error

Hello,

--------------------------------
I am attempting to connect to MariaDB from a command line Java program.  I am getting the "no suitable driver found" error.   I am using the mariaDB Type 4 JDBC driver, the JDK 1.8, Windows 10.  I have added the maria driver to the lib directory of the JRE, and added this directory to the PATH and CLASSPATH environment variables.

I can connect to the mariaDB database using DBVisualizer, when I manually point the configuration of DBVisualizer to the maria driver, so I know that the driver works fine.

Here is the Java code:

            Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/DB?user=root&password=myPassword");

and the error

C:\Users\Documents\VTK\Dev>java -cp . VTK3
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/DB?user=root&password=myPassword
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at VTK3.main(VTK3.java:38)

Thanks

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/jdbc-driver-configuration-error/

Follow ups