Re: ask tool mariadb auto update latest for windows

If you're using MSIs, It is possible. You can install /upgrade MariaDB on a remote servers, e.g by using psexec (remoting tool from sysinternals) that runs msiexec in quiet mode

The whole command I used to install 10.1.13 and later upgrade to 10.1.14
psexec \\remote-box-address -u<admin_user_name_on_remote_box> -p <passwd> msiexec /i http://mirror.jmu.edu/pub/mariadb//mariadb-10.1.14/winx64-packages/mariadb-10.1.14-winx64.msi SERVICENAME=MariaDB /qn

- psexec is downloadable from here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/psexec.aspx
- msiexec handles database shutdown  before upgrade and restart after it
- SERVICENAME parameter is used by MSI as indicator that service needs to be installed (used only by original installation, not by upgrade). You can add more parameters as described here
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/installing-mariadb-msi-packages-on-windows/

You'll need to figure out the nearest download mirror and the exact download URL. The exact download link on download page I got was https://downloads.mariadb.org/f/mariab-10.1.14/winx64-packages/mariadb-10.1.14-winx64.msi/from/http%3A//mirror.jmu.edu/pub/mariadb/?serve , and this lead to couple of redirects, which msiexec, does not seem to handle well.

Good luck,
Wlad