 Oggetto: [Maria-discuss] Odd behavior with query and connection pool
 A: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Data: Martedì 14 giugno 2016, 03:36

 Hello,
   Forgive me for reporting this on the behalf of some
 other developers, I will gather more details as needed.

 But the basic problem we're having is with a query
 that:

    - is always fast the first time ( < 3 seconds
 )
    - is very slow the following time, when using a
 connection pool (~ 30 seconds)
    - is pretty fast the following time, when not
 using a connection pool (5 or 6 seconds)

 This is even on a single DB with no other load.

 It's a fairly complicated query with sub queries,
 grouping, and such.
 I've been told it creates two temp tables.

 I know this is not a whole lot to go one - but
 are there any pointer for connection pool vs no connection
 pool on a lightly loaded DB?

 This was actually tried and reproduced with
 multiple connection pools - hikari-db, c3p0, and apache
 connection pool.

 Take care,
   -stu