New Question: Swap usage won't decrease

Hello,

--------------------------------
We have a 5 DB nodes Galera Cluster in Production (MariaDB 10.0).

About a week ago a DB import was performed over an existing DB (Its size ~30G) and during this process, all DB nodes started complaining about swap usage and haven't stopped complaining since then (e.g: One of them would be using 814 MB out of 4095 MB).

I have read a good few articles about MySQL and swapping issues (this is a good one: https://blog.jcole.us/2010/09/28/mysql-swap-insanity-and-the-numa-architecture/) and also about swapping in MariaDB (https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/configuring-swappiness/), but still can't find out a way of solving this problem without restarting MySQL.

We have NUMA architecture with 2 nodes and 96G of RAM. Our buffer pool size is 70G and it is set to use 12 innodb_buffer_pool_instances.

1) Is there any fix to this situation besides restarting MySQL?

2) Is there a way of tuning our cluster to avoid swapping in the future?

Thanks.

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/swap-usage-wont-decrease/