Re: Regarding DR site set-up

Hi Dipti,

We thought of keeping DR as simple as possible without MaxScale. When prod
data center is gone for some reason (total disaster which includes
application server as well as maxscale server because everything is from
that data center), DR will serve as a bare-minimum infrastructure for
business continuity.

So our current plan is:

- keep only one Maria DB server instance - (replicated as real-time from
production site to DR site)
- keep all the application servers pointing to this maria DB
- no max scale configuration at DR

All operation (including write) will be on this DR Site. We will sync-it up
later to the prod Db when its up. Please share your thought on this.

The reason we are not planning to use max scale at DR is - we are not going
to have any replication feature required in DR since its going to be a
single instance of maria db. All queries from app server will directly
connecting this maria DB without maxscale.

Regards,
Karthick