Re: Creating Custom Storage Engine

I struggled to find good examples / blogs of creating a storage engine. I used the MySQL references the most for developing a storage engine.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/custom-engine.html

Here is a Python Engine I've worked on. It does support indexes and it is read only right now, but hey it is progress. My hope and goal was to make it so that I could prototype engines in Python before writing them in C. I may have some time in the next month or two to take it further, but that is still in the air.

https://github.com/reflectivedevelopment/mariadb-plugin-python-engine

-Kim