Re: Semi-sync replication hangs when changing binlog filename.

This looks pretty weird. If you don't mind more information would be useful
to look at: contents of mariadb-bin.000005 on the master, in particular
what GTID and binlog position the transaction waiting for semi-sync ack has
(confirm that it's 0-1684280839-156 and ends at offset 329); result of
"show status like 'rpl_semi_sync_%'" on both master and slave; contents
of relay-bin.000005 and binlog on the slave, in particular did it really
execute the transaction that is currently hanging on the master? Out of
curiosity: it looks like the slave also acts as a master to someone else.
Can you also verify that the transaction hanging now on the master made it
to that second-level slave?

But to be honest, I don't quite understand how what you show us could
happen, so I'm just asking to look at the info that I would look at if I
were investigating such problem.