Re: Help on ERROR 1819 (HY000): Your password does not satisfy the current policy requirements

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for your time on commenting on my question.

For others who may face this error in future and not yet find a solution
yet, below is the solution worked for me, its mostly due to SELINUX if you
are in Cent OS 7 or RHEL 7 or whatever version with SELINUX enabled:

-- if we get password policy not met error and error or warning says:

Warning message:

+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------+

+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Warning | 1819 | cracklib: error loading dictionary
      |
| Error   | 1819 | Your password does not satisfy the current policy
requirements |
+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------+

Then this is due to SELinux issue. We have to set the context to grant
access to cracklib dir.
Description When using default settings cracklib tries to read the password
database from /usr/share/cracklib/. When using the standard SELINUX profile
mysqdl doesn't have access to that directory though.

You can use SHOW VARIABLES WHERE Variable_Name LIKE "%dir" to get the
cracklib dir name.

Workarounds:

* add additional access rules:
{code:bash}
    semanage fcontext -a -t mysqld_etc_t "/usr/share/cracklib(/.*)?"
    restorecon -Rv /usr/share/cracklib
{code}
* or copy cracklib dictionary to mysqld datadir and set
cracklib_password_check_dictionary accordingly

Thank you all for your time on helping me to resolve this.