Re: can we use load data infile from moving a database to a 4 node cluster

unfortunately no, you can't do that. your cluster needs to be empty.
Maybe have a look at mydumper/myloader that has parallel dump and restore
capabilities?

Regards
GL

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM bbnlaccts acnts <bbnlaccts@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks for the help Guillaume,
> Can we take a snapshot of a standalone database and run against a cluster
> which already has many other databases running on it ?
>
> Also an u please do point me to a link which talks about this methodology.
>
> Please do let me know
>
> Thanks in advance for helping out.
>
> Arun
>

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Guillaume Lefranc <
> guillaume.lefranc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> Galera requires only InnoDB tables, so the fastest way would be to take
>> an Xtrabackup snapshot of your MariaDB 10 standalone database, restore it
>> on one node of the Galera cluster and then turn on the 3 other nodes.
>>
>> Of course LOAD DATA INFILE is supported by Galera, but it would be slower.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM bbnlaccts acnts <bbnlaccts@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I am planning on moving a mariadb 10 database to a 4 node galera cluster.
>>> Since the db is kind of big with around 40 gigs capacity and i am
>>> getting very less maintenance window to complete this activity.
>>> Hence planning on using load data infile on alll the big tables.
>>>
>>> Can anybody please do let me know if i am going to see any
>>> drawbacks/bugs in this concept.
>>> Are there any precautionary measures i need to take in order to
>>> accomplish this task.
>>>
>>> Your help is greatly appreciated
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Arun