Re: InnoDB plugin maturity

Hi, Ian!

On Aug 31, Ian Gilfillan wrote:
> If you look at the list of plugin maturities, say with:
>
> SELECT plugin_name,plugin_version,plugin_maturity
>   FROM information_schema.plugins
>   ORDER BY plugin_name;
>
> I notice that in 10.1, InnoDB/XtraDB is listed as Gamma (changed from
> Beta in 10.1.13), while in 10.0, with the same version of XtraDB, it's
> listed as Stable. What's the basis of the distinction between the two,
> especially since 10.1 itself is a stable release? It seems strange to
> have InnoDB listed as the same maturity as Spider :)

I think it was the encryption in 10.1, a big feature added both to
InnoDB and XtraDB. They probably went down to beta and later up to
gamma. Should be changed to stable, I'd say, encryption has plenty of
time to stabilize, there were no encryption bugs recently.

Regards,
Sergei
Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx