From: Maria-discuss [mailto:maria-discuss-bounces+rhys.campbell=swisscom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karthick Subramanian
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 6:59 PM
To: Maria Discuss <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Maria-discuss] Reg Audit Trail Implementation

All,

Before I reinvent a wheel again, thought of checking with you experts whether any recommendation or suggestion for implementing audit trail feature for your database. I am looking for any open source product/tool for this purpose.

I thought of exploring audit plugin, but I am not sure whether we can enable audit trail for the data changes in a tables. For example:

ORDER table:
ORDER_ID
PRODUCT_ID
QTY
ORDER_DATE
SHIP_DATE
DELIVERY_DATE
DELIVERY_ADDRESS

Any changes on the above table's data (rows), we need to capture the audit trail like TABLE_NAME,COLUMN_NAME,OLD_VALUE,NEW_VALUE,CHANGE_DATE,CHANGE_BY,HOST,APP,MODULE etc.

Thank you,
Karthick