Re: MariaDB Server 10.3 notes

Hi,

When upgrading from 5.0 -> 5.1 the sort order of some german characters was
modified, which meant indexes had to be rebuilt (they are in sorted order
after all).  The mysql_upgrade would suggest a table rebuild (ALTER TABLE
xyz ENGINE=INNODB) or dump/restore for every affected table.  I was a
consultant during this time, and I can't tell you how many tables I had to
rebuild.  Thousands to say the least.  Yuck.

--Greenlion