Re: MariaDB Server 10.3 notes

On 13.10.2016 12:00, Peter Laursen wrote:
I have a few questions

1) will RocksDB be available on Windows? ToduDB isn't (because it does not compile on Visual Studio I think).
Personally, I plan to make this happen . At least RocksDB works on Windows, the port seems to be done by competent people (MS Bing folks) so that part compiles, a runs and was benchmarked as well. https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/blob/4cab5ebecdb42ceff7030a7606b5b5c31ba702ef/WINDOWS_PORT.md
I expect this port to be solid.

As for TokuDB, if I remember correctly, its original team declared it to be compilable and runnable only on Linux x64 with "modern" C++ (back than it could have been gcc's idea of C++11) and absolutely necessary jemalloc , so I figured it was not worth looking at making a port. I even would speculate nobody has tried to compile TokuDB on Windows that far.

2) How large a set of configuraton options will RocksDB have? InnoDB now has100+ I guess, and that is a mess IMO. I liked the simplicity of the now dead Primebase (if I remember the name right) storage engine in this respect. Also is there an overview somehere of current and planned configuration options?

-- Peter
-- Webyog