Re: Virtual CHECK constraint using Virtual columns

Would this be good to be added in the documentation of VIRTUAL columns?

Or as a separate page, as a way to enforce/emulate arbitrary CHECK
constraints?

It can be slightly simplified (IF is not needed) and the BOOLEAN could be
BIT (not sure if that adds any complication):

CREATE TABLE truth (t BIT PRIMARY KEY) ;
INSERT INTO truth (t) VALUES (TRUE) ;
-- and remove all write permissions to the table

CREATE TABLE checker (
    i float,
    i_must_be_between_7_and_12 BIT
         AS (i BETWEEN 7 AND 12)                   -- whatever CHECK
constraint we want here
         PERSISTENT,
    CONSTRAINT check_i_must_be_between_7_and_12
    FOREIGN KEY (i_must_be_between_7_and_12)
      REFERENCES truth (t)
    );