Community Involvement - GSoC Mentor Summit impressions

Hi everyone!

Since MariaDB has completed another Google Summer of Code program this
year, with some great projects as well, the MariaDB Foundation was able to
send 2 mentors to the summit in California this year. I was one of the
people that had the privilege to go.

There were a lot of talks there about community involvement and how to
encourage people to contribute. I've picked the ideas that I've found to be
most interesting and useful and have blogged [1] about them. I intend to
try and apply some of them if possible. Since this is a community matter
(albeit more GSoC related), it makes sense to ask for feedback from the
community. I think some of the ideas are at least partly implemented but we
can always do better.

If you're interested, lets have a discussion on this.

Vicențiu

[1]
http://vicentiu.ciorbaru.io/community-involvement-gsoc-mentor-summit-impressions/