Re: limiting memory use by mariadb?

Well, in this case, I would take care not to set buffers too high so they
will not exceed the limit defined by Mesos - I do not think it warrants
using docker "--memory" option which would kill the service anyway...
If you run InnoDB, the calculation is a bit complex but you would be fine
with 60% of maximum RAM. There can be overhead with the dictionary if you
have many tables, but you can also limit that size.