Re: question about generating logs on MariaDB 10.1.21

On 25/01/17 10:49, Chris Adams wrote:
> Yes, I had considered Selinux as the problem. However, I had temporarily set it to 'permissive', then 'disabled', and that made no difference.

Now that you know where the logs are you will need to read them to
resolve your issue. Show this information here if you need help.

Use other options here to get a more complete history.

You potentially also have a broken logrotate scripts. Use lsof -p
$(pidof mysqld) to examine if mysqld had file descriptors pointing to
log files that have been deleted.

Aside, logging the general log on a default setting is quite IO
intensive and I've rarely seen a benefit.