Re: MariaDB Fedora update - testing

On 31/01/17 00:31, Michal Schorm wrote:
> Hi Daniel and thanks for a reply!
>
> I'll parse the mail you send a little:
>
> *1) Move "mysqldump, mysqlbinlog, mysqlcheck, mysql_upgrade" and their
> manpages to dependent package.
> * * I'm really not going to make another subpackage only with them, but
> I can easily move them back to subpackages where they were.
>  * But Why ?? (I don't see the point. The idea is, that when you really
> need them,

mysql_ugprade is often needed once on upgrade to support new features.

> you can install them on the server, use them and remove
> again, since they would be used verry little. )

correct.

Please explan, what did
> you meant.

Sorry - I meant "ever" not "every" in the following. So as a dependent
package is good and there isn't a requirement for another subpackage.

>     Good. If every it becomes a non-dependency the following should be
moved
>     to a dependent package:

> 2) https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-10646*
> * I'm deffinitelly gonna wait for the upstream. I don't see really the
> urgence of this issue and it is elementarly solved by config file change.
>
> *3) /usr/libexec/mysql-scripts-common includes mysqld_safe as a section,
> however this isn't read by the systemd invocation of mysqld*
> * I'll  check it, test it, eventualy file the bugs to start appropriate
> processes.

$ /usr/libexec/mysqld --help --verbose | head
The following groups are read: mysqld server mysqld-10.1 mariadb
mariadb-10.1 client-server galera

parsing other bits:

4) Install the following as part of a my.cnf in some way

[client]
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

5) /usr/share/mariadb/my-* - recommend dropping these

6) Updating the systemd config to closer to upstream

ExecStopPost=/usr/libexec/mysql-wait-stop seems to just wait for pid, in
the case of Type=notify I thought this wasn't needed.

https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/10.1/support/files/mariadb.service.in

has been updated a bit more to support added constraints and better
support for galera configurations.