Re: CentOS7 Cassandra

On 2/1/2017 12:01 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 01.02.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Colin Charles:

On 1 Feb 2017, at 16:40, Ian Gilfillan <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can someone clarify the status of Cassandra in CentOS7? It appears to have been available in 6, but not in 7.

I think the CassandraSE is deprecated. It probably is available in 6, but not 7, and I can’t imagine why it would be recommended for use, since you have to use it with an old release of Cassandra that is probably unsupported anymore

maybe it should be re-considered add each and every stroage engine to MariaDB, especially when it relies on 3rd parties to keep it useable and in the worst case access your data at all becomes a problem in future updates not fixable by "mysql_upgrade"

 -DPLUGIN_ARCHIVE=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_BLACKHOLE=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_CASSANDRA=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_CONNECT=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_EXAMPLE=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_FEDERATED=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_FEDERATEDX=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_FEEDBACK=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_INNODB=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_MROONGA=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_MYISAMMRG=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_PARTITION=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_PERFSCHEMA=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_SEMISYNC=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_SEQUENCE=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_SPHINX=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_SPIDER=NO \
 -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO \
 -DWITHOUT_DYNAMIC_PLUGINS=ON \
You could just have used -DWITHOUT_DYNAMIC_PLUGINS=ON, to the same effect, but with a single CMake parameter rather than 20

that's to make the build faster, the memory footprint of the server lower and to make sure nobody ever will write code which uses exotic features making it unmaintainable in a few years or break it with the next mariadb version while MyISAM and XtraDB are mature for many years