Re: Replication-manager + Maxscale

> Le 2 mars 2017 à 17:45, Karthick Subramanian <ksubramanian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> Hi Stephane,
>
> Once I have tested my settings, I am planning to use it in production version. That's why I thought of using GA release(https://github.com/tanji/replication-manager/releases/tag/1.0.0 <https://github.com/tanji/replication-manager/releases/tag/1.0.0>).
>
> But please send me for the below details, So I will test my settings:
>
> OS : CentOS 7
> Maria DB : 10.1.17
> Maxscale : 2:0
>
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Thank you for your input. In order to make MRM independent from Maxscale, I don't need to configure to execute as script via mysql Monitor section of maxscale for event=master_down?

Yes that is correct , just run replication-manager in monitoring mode and daemon.

The rpm should come with configuration file that you need to adapt in /etc/replication-manger and rename to  config.toml so that that starting the service work

No need to instruct MaxScale at all

In release 1.0  you only have the choice  to let maxscale detect about the new topology and that will work for switchover but no failover
in release 1.1 you can just tell  replication-manager to drive maxscale so that failover works as well

Hope it helps !