Re: MariaDB 10.0.30 now available

Am 08.03.2017 um 19:44 schrieb Karthick Subramanian:
Sorry if this question seems silly:

Why we need to use 10.0.30 when we already have 10.1. Series with GA.

because 10.x is still supported and the whole world don't jump and fire out the next major version of every piece of software and hope all is fine?

why do we need that many linux kernels with critical bugfixes when we have 4.10.1?

https://www.kernel.org/

Why don't we upgrade from 10.0 series to 10.1 GA series. Is there anything that fixed in 10.0.30 which yet to fix in 10.1.21 GA. Thank you for helping me to understand these different version series.

because nobody right in his mind blows out the next shiny major version before tests? because that's the reason major/minor/revision exists at all

because LTS distributions exists for a good reason which means you won't see anything but MAriaDB 5.5x ever on RHEL7