Re: MySQL Workbench Fork?

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 3:00 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> what are you need "MySQL Workbench" for?
>
> i remember to had it instaleld nearly a decade ago and while maintain dozens of MariaDB instances if have no idea what it ever provided so essential

Need? I suppose that’s not really absolutely true. A GUI is a tool to allow things to be done quicker. It can be used to avoid learning things, but, that’s not the concern necessarily. Keeps a nice history, pre-defined and friendly queries, nice monitoring on multiple systems, I could go on. I see it as similar to saying who needs Windows (which I don’t use but same idea) as opposed to dos. Not entirely of course, but, the idea is to make one more productive. Command line vs GUI. I like how it categorizes system status, variables, tracks client connections, connects to numerous machines using ssh tunnels, etc. I can do most of that without workbench, just slower. It allows me to use my clients machines GUi for organization and filing and archiving of scripts in a faster manner. I connect to so many machines I just find it’s organization useful. But YMMV.